Jesus, Jesus, & More of Jesus
Jesus at the Center
Joshua 24:15 “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”
John 6:63, 66-68 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” 68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
We can’t win in life on our own-
- A life lived around “me” is selfish, powerless, purposeless, & pointless
- Build on the Rock
Matthew 7:24-27 24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
- A Great Commitment To the Great Commandment
Matthew 22:37-40 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- “Loving” God is not for God, it’s for YOU!
Serving Jesus is the only way to:
• Have deeply sustained marriages
• Parent children who turn out confident, grounded, & stable
• Have financial peace without worry, and unlimited opportunity
Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
• Emerge from the storms of life stronger than before
• Live with happiness and contentment everyday
• Have the overcoming power of the Holy Spirit, the promises of God’s Word to draw on, and the faith to experience the miraculous
Galatians 2:20 The life I now live
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.