God has a fully developed destiny and purpose for you that includes you being so empowered with spiritual strength that you can defeat the enemies that have plagued you and stolen your joy and passion for life. He has already given you the tools you need to rise up take back your family [that the enemy would love to divide], your faith [that has been crushed under the circumstances of life], your future [that looks impossible to you], your financial resources and opportunities [that seem to run through your fingers].
The challenge is we are often so DISTRACTED by dealing with life that we forget to pick up the tools and weapons we have available to us, and continue to battle anyway. How crazy is that, yet at the time it, seems the only way to continue on. We’re like the guy who’s forgotten to stop and sharpen his axe, and can’t understand why cutting down the trees is so hard.
Let me give you 3 steps you can start today that will help you win the battle and fully reach the destiny God has for your life.
- Set a goal to become a Fully DEVOTED Champion For Christ.
- That means you know you still have a ways to go before you have conquered the enemies of your life, but you are determined to set Jesus as your role model. Following Jesus doesn’t mean trailing behind Him from a distance, it means BECOMING LIKE HIM.
- Being a Champion means you STAND AND FIGHT for someone. We Champion the cause of Christ! — Stand for Him, Fight to enforce what He has won for us, and Act like Him [and for Him] as we face the giants of our life.
- Get Practical and Intentional about the WORD…
- FAITH comes by hearing the Word (ROM 10:17). Starting today, begin a bible reading plan. Make sure it is interesting and engaging to you, and short [at first].
- I recommend you go to bible.com and download the You Version bible app for your pc or mobile. Go to: PLANS, choose: DISCOVER. Go to: TOPICAL, then choose: UNCOVER THE WORD. Then choose a heading that applies to you and begin the devotional. Start with the short 4-7 day studies.
- Remember what the Bible Is…
- John 1:1,14 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” Jesus is the Living Word. Luke 24:27 says, “Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.” Moses was a picture of Jesus, saving us from bondage, Jesus was the Rock that followed the Israelites in the wilderness and the Bread that rained down from heaven every day to feed them, He empowers us with His Spirit and the Word to reign in life just as they did in the Promise Land, taking ground, defeating giants, and conquering the enemy.