We spend more time being Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent than we do being batman or superman…
- Paying the bills, working a job that’s not always fun,
- keeping our families together by loving our wives and making her feel beautiful in our eyes, safe in our care, and secure in our love
- spending many long hours showing up for our kids when they need us
- The greatest super-power a dad has (in his kid’s eyes) is his TIME
- One of the most powerful moments in a child’s life is when they realize that Dad is flawed… but his love isn’t.
- You’re doing better than you think!
- We do the best we can with the information we have at the time
- If we’ve made mistakes, apologize and move on!
Only One Father can really be Super all the time…
- He affirms His approval publicly (this is My son…)
Matthew 3:16-17 (NIV) 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Matthew 17:4-6 (NIV) 4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
6 When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.
- He loves us unconditionally (prodigal son)
Luke 15:11-20 11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them. 13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. 17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
- He has given us all of heaven’s resources to become superheroes
Luke 12:32 TVV My little flock, don’t be afraid. God is your Father, and your Father’s great joy is to give you His kingdom.
Col 1:27 TPT Living within you is the Christ who floods you with the expectation of glory! This mystery of Christ, embedded within us, becomes a heavenly treasure chest of hope filled with the riches of glory for his people, and God wants everyone to know it!