YOUR BEST FAMILY IN 3O DAYS
Things we will cover in this series:
What to add, what to take away; making blended, mended, & extended families awesome; Rocking the changing Roles & titles we have, and more…
GOD ___________________ FAMILY
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Gen 2:18
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” 24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. Gen 2:22-24
GOD CREATED _____________ IN MARRIAGE
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Gen 1:28
- If you do FAMILY His way, it’s the best way
- God loves the family, he cares about the family
- God wants love to be in the family
- God puts laws and rules in place to protect the family
GOD _________________________AUTHORITY TO MAN
- God is the authority over the family
- He gives it to the father, simply because the man was created first
- Then the women created out of the man – equal co-heirs, Generals together
- Then the kids – in charge of pets!
Some people say, I’m not sure I’m want to run our family like that
- How are you going to determine the order?
- Whoever’s smartest? loudest?
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. Ephesians 5:28-30
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
THE ___________________ OF MARRIAGE
Eph 5:21 “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ”
Your family will be at its best when you honor God’s order of delegated authority and responsibility
Psalms 127:1 – unless the lord builds the house, they that labor builds in vain
- Authority when its lead the right way is delegated love, serving, taking responsibility
- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Not should, might or one day, but today we will serve – come under the authority of, the Lord
- Intentional family ______________
- 64% of parents spend less than one hour playing with their kids per week, they spend 15 hours watching TV.
- Hebrews talks about not forsaking meeting together
- Deut 6:7 impress the things you know about God on your children… time, time, time
- Use up your vacation time, refreshing is a big thing
- Put the big things in your calendar first
- Staycations, visiting grandparents, simple, inexpensive,
- ________________for, with, and over your family
- We had families come forward and pray together during w.o.w.
- Pray scripture, virtues, over your family
- ________________ them
- Not just bring them to church
- Family devotions,
- Church is here to assist you in teaching and reinforcing your faith
- _________________ & accountability to God’s delegated authority
- Zero tolerance on lying – because it is against authority
- _________________– like bumpers in bumper bowling
- _________________ others
- Serving together
- If your kids see you serving, it helps them hold onto their faith
ANSWERS: Created, sex, delegates, mission, time, pray, teach, correction, boundaries, serve