The Military specializes in taking young people who come to them with vague hopes and dreams, usually without the discipline and focus to accomplish them, and filling them with enough character to become the heroes that we honor today.
Difference between a zero and a hero is summed up in one thing: Living For Something Greater Than Ourselves.
You don’t have to join the military to find the hero inside; but you do have to cross the line of no return, take the next step towards living -not just with a cause but for it.
– stand up for Jesus; serve Him, serve His people, serve His house, serve His purpose, serve with passion.
To live is Christ…
“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21
Must lose his life to find it…
“For if you choose self-sacrifice and lose your lives for my glory, you will continually discover true life. But if you choose to keep your lives for yourselves, you will forfeit what you try to keep.” Matthew 16:25 TPT
No greater love…
“For the greatest love of all is a love that sacrifices all. And this great love is demonstrated when a person sacrifices his life for his friends.” John 15:13 TPT
Take up your cross, follow… take my burden, which is light compared to living just for yourself
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24 NLT
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
It’s our relationship with Jesus that transforms us…
- Relationships cause us to mature, to “Gro-up”.
- Real life is experienced when we have someone to fight for and with
- We don’t grow without motivation
- Help us define what’s valuable; what’s worth living for and what’s not
2 Ways To Be Part Of God’s Great Purpose
- Get involved in a connect group; lead, host, or serve
- Make God’s house great; make it effective, passionate, love-filled, by bringing your passion, gifts, talents, faith, heart, experience, to build a place where people can find hope, forgiveness, love, purpose, direction, and most of all, the Savior.
- No matter what your passion is, it is valuable in the local church. Every part is important
- What’s your passion?
- Sharing your Faith
— Your Story, inviting/bringing others to experience Jesus for themselves
- Ministering to Others
— Teams that help people in practical ways to connect with God’s plan
- Building Community
— Helping people connect to God’s house, get plugged in by taking the next steps in their spiritual growth
- Perfecting Praise
— Contributing to an atmosphere where God can touch hearts and change lives
- Teaching and Leading
— Helping others grow in knowledge and character to be all God has called them to be
- Sharing your Faith