Knowing Jesus Changes Your Heart
“Knowing Your Master, who He is, what moves Him,
how does He respond, why does He love”
Pastor Stephen Bloomfield
“Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.”
- LOVE sees past the actions, attitudes, and choices of others
1. First, Jesus ____________you, you don’t chose Him.
- He chooses you in your present form because He knows your eternal form
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
2. Jesus builds________________________, he loves (shows mercy to) the sinner and the lost… People want sacrifice (performance)
7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
Another time when people encountered Jesus…
10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13(NLT) Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
- Mark 12:33 “To love God with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
Matthew 12:7 [Disciples eating on the Sabbath…]
“If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.””
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
3. Knowing Jesus exposes you and _____________you at the same time
4. Knowing Jesus fills you with ________________ and purpose
5. Knowing Jesus moves you __________________and you to live out a new vision for your life, a new version of yourself
ANSWERS: Chooses, relationships, covers, meaning, motivates