Part one: We Can Choose Our Thoughts – Choose God’s Thoughts
Part Two: Our Perspective Filters Everything – Neuropathways
Part Three: The Gratitude Factor
“24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.”
Mind Over MATTER
These are the areas that we must recognize as controlling factors in our lives
Mood– Moody, fluctuating emotions,
Attitude– Our outlook on life, cynical – believe the worst, hopeful – believe the best
Thoughts– What we are dwelling on,
Trauma– Events that continue to control us
Emotions– Dominating feelings of fear, grief, hurt,
Reactions– Learnt behavior, automated responses
Gratitude: the ultimate cure to silence the controlling forces of your life
- Corrects and refocuses the biggest challenge we have; ourselves.
- It instantly puts God on the throne of our hearts, lives, emotions, thoughts and words, and positions us as the recipients of His Grace, power, life, love, & blessing.
- It changes our gaze: we are forced to see His hand, His beauty, His provision, His blessing, His direction
- We can’t any longer see fault, blame, wrongs, or lack, envy, bitterness,
- It erases pride, prejudice, self-righteousness, judgmentalism,
- A heart of gratitude leaves no room for complaining. For it is impossible to be truly thankful and filled with negativity and ungratefulness at the same time.
Ephesians 5:20 “Give thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 “16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit.”
Philippians 4:6-7 TPT “6 Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, 7 then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to you through Jesus Christ.”