What is your Number?
My First Blog
Someone” gave me a number”. Not exactly sure what it means but the best I can figure it means I have to share 10 random things about myself. I asked my sixteen year old what it means and she said, ” I have no idea. Facebook is for old people. Everybody does snap chat now.” Whatever that is.
One of those “old” Facebook friends of mine suggested that we should all share random things about ourselves because it would help us all get to know each other better. Great idea! So here is my top 10.
- I do not have a receding hairline. My hair has always covered the same area. I just have less of it than I use to.
- I get really irritated when people doubt God’s willingness and eagerness to heal us. They say things like, “..heal me Father…if it’s your will.” Believe it! And then leave the how and when to God. But believe it with every fiber of your being.
- I was a Royal Cadet, the Jr. Chapter of the Canadian Army in Canada. It is a lot like the Boy Scouts but with a ROTC kind of discipline.
- When I get involved in a project I get really pumped about it because I can see the ultimate goal so clearly. It’s just a matter of knocking out the steps in between one at a time until it is done.
- I grew up in the big city of Vancouver, BC. Being a city kid, my favorite thing to do after school was to go to the arcades. Now, as an adult, I play Ikarim to unwind. That is the only game I play now. I don’t bother playing Play Station because it isn’t fun losing to a 14 year old all the time.
- I am amazed that it is November and I am still wearing shorts. It’s crazy. It’s awesome. I will never get tired of that…or will I? I hope not.
- Every night before I went to bed my mom and I would say to each other, “Goodnight. Love you. See you in the morning.” I couldn’t go to sleep unless we said it to each other. Shirlee and I have said it each night of our 19 year marriage. It is sure hard to go to bed mad or offended saying that. More than once we have stayed up till the early hours of the morning working things out so we could say that and mean it.
- When I was about 14 I got stuck in a chain link fence while playing football. I caught the ball and started running. Everybody was looking at me funny and I couldn’t understand why. I guess I had blood all over me. It didn’t phase me because I had and still have a very high threshold for pain.
- I hardly ever watch just TV I have to have three other things going on. I watch TV, listen to live stream sermons of podcast and do my online class all at the same time. It drives my wife crazy but It works for me. Oh, I DO NOT watch commercials. I use that time to watch other tv shows.
- I have been in poverty growing up but God always gave us food and clothes to wear. I have suffered devastating disappointments but God worked it out better than it could have ever been the first way. People have let me down, but God has always been there and never failed me, God has always kept his promises. God has always brought people into my life who have loved and encouraged. I am incredibly blessed to be apart of the Champion family, working under two of the greatest pastors in the world!
Champions! I’m giving you a number. Your number is 3. Yes, it’s a small number but It’s a start. Share three things about yourself with someone else this week. Get to know each other. Let’s do life together! I’m so thankful for each and everyone at Champion church we are so blessed to be a part of a incredible family and look forward to see the great things that God has in store for all of us. We have only lived in Yuma for about 5 months how and it feels so much like home. We truly have come home to a great family.