“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
- You become who you hang around
“Walk with the wise and you will become wise, associate with fools and get in trouble” Proverbs 13:20
- Where we go to church is important because the spirit of that house gets on you
There’s a PROMISE for the PLANTED:
“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing” Psalm 92:12-14
“He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.” Psalm 1:3
- Church is inclusive – Anyone who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved – inclusive
“This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out.” Matthew 16:18 MSG
- As the church, he advances us
- Gates of hell will not prevail — Gates are defensive
I will build my church, and the gates of hades shall not prevailagainst it, and I will give you the keys to heaven and hell. Matthew 16:18
There’s a PROTECTION for the church to PREVAIL
Prevail: to prove more powerful than opposing forces.
- Greater is he that is in you …than he that’s working against you
- It changes the way you live out your Christian life
- We’re not here just to hold the fort until Jesus returns.
- The church is called to prevail, the gates of hell can’t keep you out
- The church is advancing, God’s protection is on it. God has called us to win.
God said I will build my church, I will cause you to prevail, to advance, to increase,
The GIFTS of leadership flows onto the church…
“Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. — Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-12 (NLT)
Its talking about your service, your ministry!
Eph 4:7 each one has gifts given… you become part of the church, partnering with the church
- Leaders of leaders
- taking new ground
- See what isn’t there yet
- insight & foresight
- hindsight— experts after the fact,
- insight —see into something that others can’t see,
- foresight— what’s ahead, what’s coming
- stirring passion in others
- care about people more than tasks
- building better understanding
- growing people
- developing others
I am believing for the gifts that are on our house to be on the lives of people of our house.