Lead Pastors Stephen & LaCinda Bloomfield
“Our story so far…” from Lead Pastors Stephen & LaCinda Bloomfield.
Champion Church Lead Pastor
Stephen grew up in Vancouver, BC, Canada from the ’70s and lived there until 2003. In 1985 he married LaCinda and imported her to Canada from her hometown of Long Beach, CA. There, they built a family business, and at the same time, they became the Lead Pastors of his father’s church in 1987. In 2003 God called them to Yuma Arizona to help a struggling congregation find direction and renewed vision, out of which Champion Church was born. They reside in Yuma along with their two married sons, Stetson & Cristina Bloomfield, and Sterling & Jade Bloomfield, and (currently) four grandkids who are the joy of their lives. Both Stetson and Sterling are on staff at Champion and serve alongside Stephen & LaCinda in building God’s house and kingdom.
As our Senior Pastor, Stephen is a seasoned and gifted leader and communicator. He is passionate about growing the church through a powerful God-centered vision that is based on God’s unconditional love for all, and His power to transform lives.
Steve’s fun facts:
- I’ve been a musician all my life and led worship from the keyboards for over 20 years, but I don’t play anymore. So now, I’ve taken up playing guitar and love having music in my life again!
- LaCinda named our Papillon dog “Million” so she could call in her Million every day LOL! The trouble is, I find myself saying “No Million” everyday!?…
- I’m a builder at heart: I love building God’s house and seeing God’s people become the Champions they were created to be— through Jesus! “I will build my life upon Your love” Romans 5:6
Champion Church Lead Pastor
LaCinda Bloomfield is our co-Senior Pastor and is the driving force behind many of our outreaches, initiatives, and ministries. She is the founder of Champion Women that hosts an annual women’s conference attracting hundreds of women and the executive director of our theatrical productions that have a citywide impact.
LaCinda is a sought-after speaker and encourager to women everywhere and is the author of several books that are impacting women and are setting them free. She is a trusted mentor for many and a gifted influencer to thousands. Missions, and particularly the frontline of human trafficking, are very important to her as she brings awareness and relief to those who are suffering.
She loves being Grammy to her grandkids and always has nature close by so she can put her feet in the dirt and feel the earth.
Cindy’s Fun Facts:
- I’ve been an entrepreneur my whole life. When I was a teenager, I even started my own line of makeup! “LaCinda’s Cosmetics” If social media was around then… OMG!
- My love language is “gifts”, and lately, acts of service — so if you get a gift from me it comes with love!
- Even though I flunked 2 grades and struggled to read as a child, I’ve written 3 books so far! Praise God for spellcheck & Stephen. xoxo